Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

Let me just say, I think this book would have more meaning to me if I had a sister. With that said, I will now critique it:

It had too much sexuality. I almost put the book down for good at one point. But I kept reading and it turned out to be a decent novel. The story is about two sisters, Maggie and Rose. Rose is successful in her career and smart, while Maggie is pretty and successful with men. Maggie makes some dumb decisions and the two sisters end up not talking for a while. There's also another character in the story who makes things interesting; her name is Ella (but I don't want to ruin it for you!).

Bec, since you have sisters, you may want to read this book and it'll make you grateful for your sisters and make you want to call them. But just be forewarned that in the first half, Maggie's kinda skanky. Uncomfortably so. But I do like Jennifer Weiner's way of writing, so I thought it was a well-written book.

P.S. While I looked for this picture, I found out that this book was made into a movie! It has Cameron Diaz and that girl from Emma (Emma's friend) Toni Collette. Anyway, it's rated PG13, maybe I'll go get it!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the movie, it's cute! I'll have to read the book so I can compare. Congrats on finishing a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you make me sound like a dummy... YAY I can finish a book! Ha.

    ReplyDelete