Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Wow. I had no idea what this book was about and based on the front cover and what I kind of thought most of Picoult's books were about, I was taken by surprised. It's not some cheesy romance novel.

In the small town of Sterling, New Hampshire, Peter Houghton has been picked on all his life. He just can't fit in. His best friend Josie keeps him grounded until she leaves him for the popular crowd. He commits a violent crime in high school and turns their worlds upside down.

This book made me really think about how I was raising Luke. Am I doing everything right? Will I believe him when he comes home and tells me about his day at school? Will I be perceptive enough to know something is wrong? Even if we think we're doing everything right, what if we're not? I'm so grateful for the Gospel and to know that if you teach your kid righteously, they'll have the resources to turn to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment