Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis


Oh my goodness. I LOVED this book. This book is 515 pages and I absolutely loved each page! Seriously, I don't think I can convey how much I loved this book. I really like historical fiction, so I had been reading a lot of Phillipa Gregory but her books have some really raunchy parts in it. But there was nothing even CLOSE to what Phillipa Gregory does.

The story is about Lisa di Antonio Gherardini, or Madonna Lisa, or Mona Lisa. She has secrets from her past that she doesn't even know about and she has to do some crazy stuff to not only find out about it, but to help save lives. The famous Medici family is in charge of Florence, but there is political turmoil, assassinations, love triangles, and I was totally gripped to the end! I think I read 300 pages in one day.

I strongly recommend this book. Strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment