Monday, August 30, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

I am on a children series roll this summer! Paul and I actually redboxed this movie and then I learned it was a book. So, of course, I had to read it. Book one is The Lightening Thief. It's about a boy, Percy Jackson, who finds out at the age of 12 that he is the son of one of the greek gods. Once he realizes he is a demigod, his smell to mythical monsters increases, so he is whisked away to Camp halfblood (a summer camp for demigods, where they learn how to fight). It is at the camp that he learns who his father is (the greek god) and that Percy is being blamed for stealing Zeus's original lightening bolt (the source of his power...or something like that). He goes with some friends on a quest to find the bolt before a war breaks out between the gods, which in turn affects the world.

I love these books! I love greek mythology and so it's a great way to learn the stories, plus it's just a fun read. You could stop at the first book, but you'll get hooked and will end up reading all of them. I'm pretty sure I make these books sound super lame, but they really are good and easy reads! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment