Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

I wasn't really sure what to expect with this novel. I'm not a huge science fiction person, so i didn't know if the time traveling thing would get all spacey and sci-fi-y, so I was a little apprehensive.

On a literary scale, this book is great. Very well written. The story was imaginative and character development was wonderful.

You guessed it; there's a but. There was a lot of violence and swearing. And sexuality. It was a timeless love story, but there were some scenes, some phrasing and moments that made me a little squeamish. If I weren't an LDS girl, they might not have been so bad.

For a Reader's Digest of the plot: Henry time travels and can't help it. He meets Clare when she is very young and they are basically predestined for each other. But she has to live with the fact that he time travels. Sometimes he gets hurt or doesn't come back for days at a time. But there's also a wonderful love story unwinding throughout the novel, and I'm always up for a sappy love story. Would I recommend you read it? Yeah, I think so. Just know that this author holds nothing back. Here's the official trailer for ya:

No comments:

Post a Comment