Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

Kinsella is the author of Confessions of a Shopaholic. I had read that book and liked the frivolousness of her type of writing, so when I saw Remember Me? at a bookstore for $3, I decided it could be an investment.

The novel is based around Lexi Smart. She got into an awful accident and when she wakes up she is completely different from what she remembers. How you ask? Well, when Lexi wakes up from her coma, she can't remember the last 3 years of her life. And apparently there's been a complete turnaround for her. She wakes up toned and rich and hot and married. And basically she was none of these before. She goes home with her "husband" to try and piece her life back together. The main problem is that the clues are so crazy and scattered that it takes her forever. But she's charming and funny, so the journey isn't too painful for the reader. I recommend reading it. I finished it within 24 hours, so it's obviously a quick read and something that makes you appreciate your memory and family and friends. Never hurts to be reminded how much you appreciate those things!

(Caution: I'm guessing that the British use the "F" word as an every day adjective, so beware. I marked out all of these heinous words in my copy, but if you get it from the library, you won't be so lucky.)

No comments:

Post a Comment